About Valiant’s Eatery
Valiant’s Eatery is your premier destination for wholesome, high-quality, plant-based foods north of Toronto! After 5 years of building the Boon Burger chain across southern Ontario, we rebranded in 2019 to better achieve our core mission: Making food better for everyone. Whether connecting with friends over coffee and a baked treat, or enjoying an innovative “GIVE ME MORE” vegan dish with someone special - Valiant’s has something for everyone!
Baker Position Summary
Here we grow again!! And now we need your help! Valiant’s is looking for an experienced Baker & Cake Decorator.
If you love baking, and share our excitement for creating amazing vegan & gluten free options, then we can’t wait to meet you!
If you are a successful baker - or even a skilled home baker who is on their way to mastering the methods of conventional baking - then you are the perfect match to join our team where you can use your skills and widen your knowledge and repertoire of gluten free, and vegan ingredients and techniques.
If you want to showcase your skills in front of an established, amazing community of local vegans and gluten-free diners, then this is a fantastic opportunity!
So - If you have a passion for baking that can be tasted in your treats, and the magic to keep everything organized and running smoothly; if you have a strong work ethic, happy demeanor, problem solving skills, and the ability to work efficiently; if you have great organizational and time management skills… then it’s time to apply!
Roles & Responsibilities
- Be our dessert champion!!
- Keep the dessert counter stocked daily
- Decorating cupcakes daily
- Decorating cake orders
- You get the idea :)
- A belief in and commitment to positive & healthy: food, lifestyle and planet
- A passion for baking & decorating!
- Experience working in a commercial bakery or food establishment is an asset, but not required if you are a baking wizard!
- Experience with organic, vegan, nut and gluten free baking is a requirement
- Availability to work approximately 30+ hours per week; from Tuesday - Sunday (weekends are our busiest times!)
- Physical ability to work standing for several hours; to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to follow established recipes
- Ability to help develop new recipes is an asset
- Ability to troubleshoot when something doesn’t go according to plan
- Ability to take and follow direction easily
- Team player who is also able to work independently
- Able to work efficiently & time manage. Our business volumes are high and we have a small team!
- Understanding of proper storage, cycling, labeling and use of all food supplies to prevent unnecessary spoilage and to maintain cost control
- Keen understanding and ability to ensure overall cleanliness and health standards are being met
If you are excited with the thought of baking for the Barrie Vegan, Plant-Based and Gluten-Free community, please drop off your resume, or send it to: email@example.com